Monday 18 June 2012

Spa Getaway


I have just returned from a fab spa break with my friend Sarah O. We visited Farhnam Estate in Cavan. The hotel is located on 1,300 acres of forest and lakeland, a breath taking scene. Our package was a mid week deal, two nights B&B, unlimited access to the thermal suite and one spa treatment. Sarah and I stayed in a lovely twin room that was modern yet classy. We were given fluffy white bath robes (although a little large for my 5ft 1 stature) and slippers. The spa itself is over two floors with a huge reception area and chill out room. There was fresh fruit, juice, iced water and herbal teas available at all times. The thermal suite is a mint oasis of small booths from a salt room to saunas. You can wander around and sample each area as you wish. The infinity pool is AMAZING! It is both indoor and outdoor heated....outside you can swim in the rain while looking out over the sprawling countryside. Sarah and I both opted for a facial and back massage which was lovely and relaxing. They use Yonka products which I love and will be investing in as I was really impressed with the results. On our second day we also hired bikes from the spa. We trekked around the forest and lakes taking it all in. Although it was a bit rough and tumble, it was a great adventure :) I am already planning my next trip there.....5 stars!

Mars <3













No comments:

Post a Comment